Sacramento Workers Compensation Attorney
California Workers’ Compensation Certified Specialists
Dealing with a workplace injury or illness can be challenging. While many employees trust their employers to handle their workers’ compensation claims, the hurdles presented by insurers and companies can be significant. Our dedicated Sacramento workers’ compensation lawyers are here to support and guide you through it.
At Mehlhop & Vogt Law Offices, our team is committed to guiding you every step of the way in the workers’ compensation claim process. Whether you’re looking to begin your claim, worried about your eligibility, confused about your rights, or struggling with a rejected or stalled claim, we are prepared to help. No matter where you are in the process, our experienced legal professionals in Sacramento are dedicated to achieving the positive resolution you deserve.
Attorneys Specializing in California Workers’ Compensation
Our team of attorneys is dedicated to advocating for workers who have sustained injuries in the workplace, encompassing those hurt in construction mishaps, industrial incidents, and employees across various sectors afflicted by work-related injuries or illnesses. Securing workers’ compensation is our primary goal, but we also meticulously examine each case to identify possibilities for third-party negligence lawsuits or potential Social Security Disability Insurance claims.
We proficiently manage a diverse range of workers’ compensation claims, such as:
- Work-related illnesses
- Appeals for denied workers’ compensation
- Injury claims for firefighters and law enforcement officers
- Temporary disability
- Permanent disability
- Benefits for job displacement assistance
- Death benefits
Trusted Advocates in Workers’ Compensation Law Since 1987
Mehlhop & Vogt Law Offices has been exclusively devoted to workers’ compensation in the Sacramento area since 1987. The Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California has granted Mr. Mehlhop certified specialist status in this area of the law.
Our firm’s enduring success is a testament to the personal and meticulous attention each case receives. We go beyond merely informing you about the process and case updates; we craft a bespoke legal strategy to address your unique situation. Our Sacramento-based legal experts also coordinate directly with healthcare providers to secure necessary medical documentation, aiming to achieve a resolution that meets your satisfaction.
Top 10 Workplace Injuries Reported in Sacramento, CA
- Incidents of Workplace Violence – Spending numerous hours together daily can strain relationships among coworkers, particularly when contentious issues like politics come into play, heightening the risk for violent incidents. Physical altercations and assaults at work can lead to severe injuries. No workplace is entirely risk-free, but implementing employee training and fostering a culture that supports reporting potential violence can reduce such occurrences.
- Injuries from Repetitive Strain – Repetitive strain injuries (RSIs) may develop inconspicuously over time due to continuous, mundane tasks. Routine actions, such as typing, can cause RSIs, including widely recognized conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome, as well as back pain and vision complications. Adopting ergonomic practices and equipment is the primary prevention strategy.
- Machinery Entanglement – Employees working near heavy machinery face significant risks, including entanglement accidents involving clothing, hair, or limbs. Utilization of protective gear and thorough safety training are paramount to prevent such accidents.
- Work-Related Vehicle Accidents – Driving for work exposes employees to the dangers of traffic accidents, which are compounded when work duties involve using a cellphone while driving. Although some companies have implemented cellphone bans while driving, the risk persists, especially during peak traffic periods.
- Collisions with Objects – Distraction can lead to walking into stationary objects, resulting in serious injuries like fractures, muscle strains, or heavy bruising. This type of injury often occurs while the person is carrying heavy or unbalanced items and isn’t fully aware of their surroundings.
- Falling Object Hazards – Items stored at height pose a risk of falling and injuring workers below. Businesses must ensure secure storage and appropriate safety gear to prevent such accidents, particularly during the movement of heavy objects at elevation.
- Reaction-Related Injuries – Avoiding a slip or fall can lead to “reaction injuries,” where the body is hurt through the exertion of preventing a fall, often resulting in pulled muscles or other forms of trauma. These injuries can occur even when the initial danger is successfully evaded.
- Height-Related Falls – A fall from an elevated position is likely to cause injury. Whether from a ladder, roof, or any raised platform, attentiveness and safety equipment are critical to preventing such accidents.
- Slip and Fall Injuries – Surprisingly, many injuries occur at ground level from slips or trips on hazards like spills or loose cords. These accidents can lead to severe outcomes, including fractures, cuts, or even traumatic brain injuries.
- Overexertion-Related Harm – The most common cause of workplace injury is overexertion. Physical tasks that push the body’s limits can quickly result in muscle or joint damage. This encompasses activities like lifting, pushing, or carrying, which can cause strains, dislocations, and other acute, painful conditions.
Steps to Take After Sustaining a Workplace Injury
In the event of sustaining an injury at your place of employment, it’s essential to adhere to these steps:
- Immediately inform your employer about the injury, or at the initial indication of any illness that you suspect is connected to your job. According to California’s regulations, you have a 30-day window to report this injury to ensure your eligibility for workers’ compensation benefits.
- Obtain medical attention without delay. For non-emergency situations, your employer will direct you to an approved healthcare provider.
- Make sure the medical professional treating you is aware that your injury occurred as a result of your job.
- Acquire a workers’ compensation claim form from your employer, fill it out completely, and submit it back to them promptly after you’ve reported your injury.
- Diligently follow your doctor’s recommendations and adhere to any restrictions related to your work that they impose.
- Consult with a reputable attorney to gain an understanding of your legal rights and to discuss further legal action that may be available to you.
Having the services of an experienced Sacramento workers compensation attorney is crucial for navigating your claim with the expertise and backing necessary during such a challenging period. Without the guidance of a specialized lawyer, you might not receive the full benefits you’re entitled to.